Join us on Saturday and Sunday October 19 and 20 for the US Fall #editathon, for two days of improving the United States on OpenStreetMap.
This fall, there are 12 participant cities where people come together to map, but you can join this event from home and anywhere in the world, the only rule is to save your improvements with a comment containing the hash tag #editathon and our focus is on improving the US map.
You can work on anything OpenStreetMap you'd like to, but here are a couple of ideas:
- Map your neighborhood or favorite vacation spot
- Use the recently introduced Battlegrid to improve TIGER-related misalignments
- Use QA tools like keepright or OSM Inspector to identify and fix problems in your city
- Collect and add points of interest and addresses from your neighborhood
Here are the participant cities of this year's #editathon. If you're joining from home, we'll be hanging out on #osm-us on irc.oftc.net, poke your head in.
- Boston, MA - Telenav
- Cambridge, MA - Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Cleveland, OH - Cleveland Public Library
- Culver City (Los Angeles), CA - Telenav
- Ellsworth, ME - The Maine Grind
- Lexington, KY - Location TBD
- Portland, OR - Urban Airship
- Salt Lake City, UT - Location TBD
- San Francisco, CA - Stamen Design
- Seattle, WA - Tableau Software
- St Louis, MO - Fort Gondo, Foam
- Washington, DC - George Washington University
Find all location details on the Wiki.
Hosting an #editathon is easy - If you'd still like to add your city to this list, it's not too late, get yourself on the Wiki and drop us a line.
Photo: Summer 2013 #editathon in Washington DC