Get in touch with us for any questions around OpenStreetMap, the free and editable map of the world.
This is the press contact for OpenStreetMap US, for the international OpenStreetMap Foundation, refer to its Wiki.
5 OpenStreetMap Facts
- OpenStreetMap was created by Steve Coast in the UK in 2004, inspired by the success of Wikipedia and the prevalence of proprietary map data
- Today there are over 1 million individuals with an OpenStreetMap account
- OpenStreetMap data is openly licensed and it is downloadable in its entirety
- Every day 2,000 new users sign on to OpenStreetMap.org, every day 300 of them start to edit the map
- There’s no ‘s’ in OpenStreetMap: It’s never “OpenStreetMaps” but always “OpenStreetMap”.