All you need to get started is add your city on the Wiki and promote your event - pick any day from November 15th to 22th, 2014 for your event!
Here’s how to run your event:
- Get your city on the Wiki by October 31st.
- Promote your event locally. Invite friends, schools, universities, business partners - anyone who you think would be great to have.
- At the Mapathon itself, the rule is simple: anything you commit to OpenStreetMap, should contain the hashtag #osmgeoweek in the comment.
- Your event can be an outside surveying event or an inside editing event.
- Design your event friendly to newcomers, make sure there’s someone there to explain to first timers the fundamentals of OpenStreetMap and show them the first steps of editing and surveying.
- The location should have fast internet and a place to sit for everyone. Remind attendees to bring a computer, mouse, and any other devices you’ll need for your event.
- Work on anything you want. Jump start mapping with OpenStreetMap wide efforts like MapRoulette or Battle Grid!