In conjunction with Toby Murray, I, have acted as independent observer to the 2014 OpenStreetMap US board election that closed yesterday. I believe that the election was conducted honestly and transparently and that the result is as follows. The figures come from “LimeService”, the electronic survey system used for the elections.
I commend members of the current board for the effort and concern they have put in to ensuring a fair election and that as many members as possible could and did vote.
Responses: 186 (188 total responses minus 2 deleted test results)
Responded but did not vote: 15
Responded and did vote: 171
|Martijn van Exel||96||56.14%|
The count was conducted on 15th Oct, 2014 07:50 UTC.
- I am satisfied that the election was properly conducted within the formal bylaws of OSM US.
- Due to technical issues, the start of the election was delayed. This was reasonably compensated by extending the close by two days.
- One voter claimed not to have received a ballot token email. This was dealt with promptly and the voter cast a ballot. I confirm that their name and email address occurs only once in the response results.
- In order to test that the initial system was working, two test votes were made by an election organiser. I have deleted these and confirmed that they are not included in the result above.
- I have not been made aware of any other issue preventing members from voting or that may affect the outcome.
Artwork: Ryan Ford.