We’re happy to announce State of the Map US 2016 to take place in Seattle, Washington from July 23rd to 25th.
Plan to join us in this beautiful Northwest city to connect with other mappers, learn how to work with OpenStreetMap data, and hack on the latest OpenStreetMap improvement. Connect with other OpenStreetMap users from an amazing ecosystem of enthusiast mappers, businesses, government agencies, and non profits, all collaborating around the free and editable map of the world.
Seattle is a huge inspiration with a burgeoning local OpenStreetMap community building an incredible map. Seattle’s OpenStreetMap meetup group boasts almost 500 members and over the years, Seattle has systematically worked to improve the map building ties between the local OpenStreetMap community and local government.
State of the Map US takes place at Seattle University in the popular Capitol Hill neighborhood with many bars, cafés, food trucks and music venues. Many of them mapped ;-).
Additional proposals came from Boulder Colorado and St. Louis Missouri. All proposals were excellent and the decision was very close. In the end, Seattle made the cut with strong community work over years on the ground and a proposal focusing on growing the contributor base of OpenStreetMap.
See you at State of the Map US 2016 in Seattle!
What to expect?
- Expect a call for session proposals to go out in March.
- There will be a scholarship program if you’re looking to subsidize your travel expenses.
- The schedule will be announced in May, 6 weeks from the conference.
- We’re forming an organization working group, join by getting on the #sotmus slack channel.
- Sign up to our newsletter below to stay tuned.